Here is some research on paper cities which other people have made.
 |
| skyscrapercity.com |
This was created by some one on skyscrapercity.com forums, where they created a whole city out of mini paper models. The proportions and layout of the city looks very accurate and printing out the textures of the buildings give a nice affect. I also like the colours of his models and how he populated his city with mini cars too.
 |
| Caleb Beyers |
Here it seems like Caleb Beyers is not concentrating on layout or texture but what the buildings themselves look like. I like how he uses interesting shapes where not every building is a solid block, but have steeples, uneven rooftops and cylinders. And I think his paper city looks even better lit up in the dark, as the arrangement and shape of his windows work really well together.
 |
| Paper City, The Non |
This is from the album art of The Non. I really like the sketchy style of it, where the buildings are kept simple and textured with rough lines. I also like the basic style of the trees, and how they added little details to the city like a crane and electricity lines.
Some more examples...
I could think of added bridges and art sculptures..
..and maybe even satellites..
..or combining a mixture of different medias.
 |
| Hattie Newman |
This is an installation made by Hattie Newman for WonderClub's production of 'Juniper Tree' by Brothers Grim. I like how she made smaller houses rather than skyscrapers, as it gives her environment a cosy feel.
Pushing it further..
 |
| Jeff Nishinaka |
These are the works of Jeff Nishinaka, a paper sculptor who I think brings a whole new meaning to paper art. Using light and shadow, and a great attention to detail he creates truly amazing 3D sculptors from just paper!
 |
| The Finishing Touch, P.Williams |
The Finishing Touch is a performance and installation created by P.Williams, where a cardboard city is destroyed by a several disasters such as a giant sea monster. He quotes that the purpose of the installation is "about rooting for the tragedy, the storm, the wildfire, earthquake or tsunami and hoping there is some justice in absolute destruction". I like his idea of adding a light hearted performance to represent something quite serious.
 |
| Jean Shin |
Here is an interesting concept where Jean Shin stacks hundreds of scratch cards together. The patterns and colours on each scratch card when put together gives quite a cool effect. I also like how they're sort of promoting recycling with a playful aspect.
No comments:
Post a Comment