These two animations is maybe the style our group is going for, of a 3D modelled paper city. I like Kim Yeon Jin's idea of having his city foldout and start expanding, from small flowers to skyscrapers. He also has a lot of interactions within his environment such as the cars, birds and planes.
Sketch City Series - Obscure Object Film
I really like this clip has they use several interesting camera angles. And I like how their people are like newspaper cutouts.
The London Paper Advert - Chris Payne
Here are some more animations using newspaper. I like how the text on the newspapers give the buildings an interesting texture. Chris Payne's animation is 2D and much more sketchy.
Press life of Mariola K. - Zuzanna DabrowskaWhere as the Zuzanna Dabrowska creates a literal 3D newspaper city, using stop motion animations.
She Farted and Created the World - Scott Coello
I really like Scott Coello's concept of using completely recycled paper for his animation. He basically used anything he could find and made something really interesting out of it.
Black Cat Crossing - M.Sander, D.Beckstein, P.Kayser, M.Ritter
Here is a humorous animated short film following the journey of an old lady witnessing several odd incidents. It looks like they use several programs to animate the different aspects, and all the layers give the animation a lot of depth.
Take This Spell from Me - Martin Speide
I also love this music video as it's very stylised, using simple shapes and bold colours in an effective way to animate the changes of a forest throughout the year.
Paperdoll - V.GuimarĂ£es, K.Caldararu, F.Paolo and A.Frank
And to evolve further the idea of using paper, I found these to lovely pieces of origami animation. In the Paperdoll it's interesting how a small tear eventually transforms into hundreds of paper swans.
The Raider - Kuong Lin Chen
And I think Kuong Lin Chen takes origami animation to another level, where she animations a whole performance between some amazing origami figures. And her use of bold and contrasting colours is very effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment