Monday, 22 November 2010

Colour

After having designed the pattern of the belly I now need to decide on Pocahontas' colouring.
I began with thinking of the most obvious colour scheme, which is that of an actual gorilla however the black hair and black suit is quite dull and unappealing. It don't quite work well with the pattern and her childish nature.  

I do quite like this purple suit but the colour is too harsh against the pattern and her skin.


Pushing it further I decided to change her hair colour to a much brighter, warmer colour and the same with her suit. The colours gives the impression that she's an energetic and happy character which is the direction I'm going towards.

So still sticking with using warm colours, I finally decided to give her bright orange hair and a pink gorilla suit. The orange hair I think works well with her messy badly cut hair, and the pink is a nice bold colour but still goes well with the several patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment