Here I found front and side references of a typical London bus to start modelling.
And here is my final out of the bus. Again, I kept it similar to the paper car in using flat planes with no extra details and curves. The texturing was done in the same style as the paper car but with red paper instead. The bus was much harder to texture unlike the car, as it has cut-out windows revealing the interior and because the bus is modelled from flat planes the textures would appear on both sides. So after a little research online I found a handy way using shaders, to texture both sides of the same plane with different images.
Here's a quick animation test. By using expressions, I was able to animate the wheels so when the bus moves the wheels rotate. I gave the wheels that texture so the rotation of the wheels could be seen more clearly as I noticed that before, with just a plain texture I couldn't tell. The animation is a little slow but I like the effect of the textured wheels.




No comments:
Post a Comment