Monday, 20 December 2010

Modelling in Maya

Being very new to modelling and even Maya, I had to do a lot of research before getting started. So I rented a couple of Maya books from the library and mainly Googled or YouTubed some more tutorials.
One of the most difficult part of modelling my character was the hair and face, as the hair wasn't symmetrical so I had to model it as a whole. And I had trouble with the random spikes in her hair, as I didn't want to model every individual piece of hair on her head, but rather have her hair as one mesh as this would resemble clay more.
And because she has such large eyes which are wide apart it was quite difficult to try and model a smooth face with good edge loops.
In my original design my character had a large zip at the back of her suit, however I decided to not include this as I'm now trying to model a claymation style character and the zip has far to much detail and might not look right. 

And here are the renders of my completed model. I tried keeping as much of the model as smooth as possible to stick with the claymation style.

No comments:

Post a Comment