Monday, 10 January 2011

Pocahontas!

After a long an stressful term of knowing nothing about character modelling I've finally finished and actually produced something that you could call a character!


And here she is in an odd gorilla-style mid walk. I discovered that because of her weird body shape and possibly incorrect rigging, it was difficult to leave her arms in a natural pose. Especially as the arm controls would only allow me to rotate the joints as the translate tools were locked. And because her shoulders are small and her belly is large, the armpits would starting deforming when the arm rotated too much.

But overall I am quite satisfied with my final product. I like her hair and the way the belly is textured, however if I were to re-do my character I would work more on the rig and skin weights for better posing flexibility. I would also work more on the overall texturing on the model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment